Join Zoom audio via computer or phone. See below for how to access both options.
There are two ways to join meeting audio, joining via computer or joining via telephone.
You can also join a test meeting if you want to test your audio and familiarize yourself with meeting controls.
Joining Via Computer
Before joining a Zoom meeting on a computer or mobile device, you can download the Zoom app from our Download Center. Otherwise, you will be prompted to download and install Zoom when you click a join link.
- Microphone, such as the built in microphone, a USB microphone or an inline microphone on headphones
- Speaker or headphones
Joining via telephone
You can join a Zoom meeting via teleconferencing/audio conferencing (using a traditional phone).
Zoom has toll numbers available for many countries that are included with all plans. For audio plan subscribers, Zoom also has toll-free and additional toll numbers available.
How to get the call in information:
- After joining a Zoom meeting, you will be prompted to join the audio automatically. If this prompt does not appear or you close out of it, click Join Audio in the meeting controls.
- Click Phone Call.
Note: If you are subscribed to the call out add-on, you can join the meeting by having Zoom dial your phone number.
- Follow the instructions for dialing in:
- Select the country you're calling from in the flag drop-down menu.
- Call one of the numbers provided.
- Enter your meeting ID followed by #.
- Enter your participant ID followed by #.
If you joined computer audio automatically, you can leave the computer audio and join by phone:
- Click the arrow next to Mute/Unmute.
- Click Leave Computer Audio.
- Click Phone Call and follow the prompt to dial in.
Joining a meeting by phone only
- Dial an in-country number. If you dial a toll number, your carrier rates will apply. You can find the numbers on your meeting invitation or a full list of international dial-in numbers at https://zoom.us/zoomconference.
- You will be prompted to enter the meeting ID - the nine (9), ten (10), or eleven (11) digit ID provided to you by the host, followed by #.
- You will be prompted to enter your unique participant ID. This only applies if you have joined on the computer or mobile device or are a panelist in a webinar. Press # to skip.
If you join by computer or mobile device later, you can enter the Participant ID to bind your phone and device session together and show your video when you speak on the phone. To enter your participant ID once you are in the meeting, enter #Participant ID# on your phone.
Entering the meeting password using your dial pad
If the meeting requires a password, a phone-specific numeric password will be generated. You can find this password in the invitation listed below the dial-in numbers and meeting ID.